The Website is owned and edited by The Fashion Pact, a not-for-profit association by French law 1901 registered with the Paris Trade and Company Register under number 882 959 315 00012, and registered office at 40 rue de Sèvres, 75007 Paris, France (also “we“, “us” and “our“).
It is hosted create/design by WOKINE, with a share capital of € 48.000, registered with the REGISTRE DU COMMERCE ET DES SOCIETES under number 451 700 579, and registered office at 16 place Cormontaigne à Lille (59000), represented by Delphine Bontemps, in her capacity as General Manager, duly authorized and telephone number 03 20 88 11 59. It is hosted by OVH – 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix.
The Website’s publishing director is Mrs. Eva von Alvensleben, Executive Director and Secretary General of The Fashion Pact.
These ToU govern your access to, and use of, the Website, the Content and all the services available on the Website and/or offered through the Website (“Services”).
In these ToU, we use the term “you” and “your” to refer to any user of our Website (including the Content) and the Services. The term “Content” means all the information and materials included on the Website or communicated to you as part of the Services as well as all text, visual, audio and other content (such as, without limitation, the design, layout, appearance, graphics, organization of the contents of the Website, photographs, images, text, fonts, video, audio, logos, trademarks, brand names, trade or business names, domain names and URLs, documents and software).
Updates to these ToU
We reserve the right to amend or update all or part of these ToU from time to time without notice. We will always publish the most current version of these ToU on the Website and display the “Last Updated” date to reflect the date of the changes. The revised ToU will be effective immediately upon their publication.
Privacy and Cookie Policies
Access to the Website
You should ensure that you have all necessary equipment, hardware, software, operating systems, network cards, Internet browser and other elements allowing you to access and use the Website and the Content.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and the Content are either owned or licensed to us, and are protected by applicable copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights, whether registered or not, and unfair competition laws (“IP Rights”). We reserve all such rights.
Except as expressly provided in these ToU, nothing contained in these ToU shall be construed as granting you, expressly or impliedly, any license or right to use any IP Rights owned by The Fashion Pact, without The Fashion Pact prior written consent or that of such third party who owns the IP Rights.
Any use which is not expressly permitted by these ToU is prohibited. Unauthorized use of the Website or the Content may also violate applicable intellectual property laws or other laws
Use of the Website and the Content
The Fashion Pact hereby grants you a worldwide, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, free of charge, right to access and use the Website and the Content, for your personal non-commercial use for the duration of your browsing session, all in accordance with these ToU.
Except as provided herein, you may not download, copy, reproduce, translate, redistribute, upload, republish, display, modify or create derivative works of all or part of the Website or the Content without the prior written consent of The Fashion Pact.
You agree that in using the Website and the Content, you will not:
- Use the Website in any way that interrupts, causes or may cause damage to the Website, impairs the Website’s availability or accessibility or interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent the Website’s security measures and tamper with the technology that forms part of the Website;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any of The Fashion Pact or its affiliates’ information, materials or documents not purposely made available through the Website through any means (such as personal data, financial or other confidential or sensitive information);
- Use any deep-link, page-scrape, spider, robot, crawl, index, Internet agent or other automatic device, program, algorithm or other similar technology, or any manual process, to use, access, copy, generate impressions, acquire, input or store information, search, generate searches, index or monitor all or part of the Website or the Content;
- Use the Website or the Content for any purpose which is unlawful or prohibited by these ToU;
- Use the Website or the Content in a way that infringes the rights of any third parties.
The Content of the Website is only for your general information and for your personal non-commercial use.
If you are not considered as a “consumer” in your jurisdiction, you assume all responsibility for any use of, the Website and the Content.
You acknowledge and warrant that the Submitted Materials:
- are not unlawful, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, offensive, violent, obscene, pornographic, libelous, racially, ethnically or religiously offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
- do not constitute unauthorized disclosure of personal data or confidential information;
- do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any party;
- do not contain or transmit viruses or other form of malware.
You are fully responsible for the content (including its legality, accuracy, veracity and appropriateness) of any Submitted Material or any postings or contributions you make.
We reserve the right to reject or delete any Submitted Materials or remove any postings you make on the Website, if such Submitted Materials or postings violate these ToU and/or applicable law.
Links to Other Websites
Inbound Links. The Fashion Pact does not authorize linking to any page of the Website from a third-party website (in particular via framing and deep-linking practices) without its express prior written consent.
The Fashion Pact makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website and the Services are accessible at all times (except during maintenance or in the case of a force majeure event), and that the Content is accurate, reliable, complete, up to date and secure. However, The Fashion Pact does not warrant that (i) the Website and the Services will operate error-free, without failure or interruption, (ii) the Website, the Content and the Services will be secure and free from any virus or other form of malware, (iii) that any inaccuracies or errors will be corrected, or that (iv) the Website, the Content and the Services will not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. The Fashion Pact shall not be held liable to you for any of the foregoing.
The Website, the Content and the Services are provided to you on a “as is” basis. The Fashion Pact, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, disclaims all warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, any warranties about their operation, accuracy, reliability, completeness, security, fitness for a particular purpose, the results to be obtained from using the Website and the Content or non-infringement of third-parties’ rights.
Some jurisdictions do not allow certain exclusions or limitations if you are considered a consumer, so some of the exclusions or limitations above may not apply to you.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, The Fashion Pact shall not be liable for any indirect damages or for any damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption or any other damages or losses arising out of, or in connection with, the use of, or inability to use, the Website, the Content or the Services. Such exclusion will also apply to damages arising out of, or in connection with, any link on the WebSite (including any link to Linked Site) or the Submitted Materials sent to us through the Website.
Nothing in these ToU limits or excludes our liability or any third party for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
If any provision, or part of a provision, of these ToU is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity of such provision or part-provision shall be deemed not to form part of these ToU, and the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of the provisions of these ToU shall not be affected.
These ToU constitute the entire agreement between you and The Fashion Pact in relation to the use of the Website, the Content and the Services, and replace and supersede all prior discussions, communications, conversations, agreements, whether oral or written, in relation to the subject matter hereof.
No waiver to exercise any provision of these ToU shall be construed as a continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These ToU and any matter relating to your access to or use of the Website, the Content or the Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France, without reference to conflict of law provisions, subject to any mandatory provision of the applicable law, if you are a consumer in your jurisdiction.
Any dispute arising out of, or relating to, these ToU, including the validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof, that cannot be resolved amicably, shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts within the jurisdiction of the Paris Court of Appeal or, if you are a consumer in your jurisdiction, to the competent courts.
If you have any questions or comments about these ToU, please write to:
The Fashion Pact
40, rue de Sèvres
or to : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you please write to: email@example.com
When you visit any website or use an application, it may store or retrieve information using your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be personal information about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to place on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and are called first party cookies. We also use third-party cookies – which are cookies from a domain other than that of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing initiatives.
Why do we use cookie?
Cookies are used for various purposes, such as allowing the user to navigate between pages seamlessly, implementing the user’s preferences and improving their overall browsing experience, by customising the content according to their navigation. They can also help ensure that the adverts seen online by the user are more relevant to them and their interests.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use several types of cookies which have different durations. In particular we use:
- Session cookies, which only last for the duration of a browsing session and facilitate your experience on our website;
- Persistent cookies, which last for more than one visit and memorise your preferred settings regarding our website.
These cookies can also be categorised as follows, depending on who sets them:
- First party cookies, which are supplied by the publisher of the website you are visiting, so that it functions properly.
- Third party cookies, which are set on the website by third parties, and are intended to collect data in different ways and for several purposes, for example: collection of analytics data and information on social interactions and behaviours, and also for promotional activities.
What categories of cookie are on our website?
The types of cookies used on our website serve different purposes and can fall into one of the categories below. Please to the Preference center to see what type of cookies is relevant.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. This allows us to authenticate and record your sessions, to secure traffic or to detect certain malicious activities. For the website, you can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website will then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance & analytics cookies
These cookies allow us to collect behavioral data and determine traffic sources, so we can:
- Measure the traffic on the website. They help us to find out which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the website by distinguishing users and sessions, determining new sessions/visits and counting the number of pages viewed in the current session and the recording type. We will also track the traffic source or campaign that explains how you reach our website, via which partners for example, to measure the impact and the effectiveness of our partnership with other merchants or our advertising campaign.
- Understand by who and how our site is used. Performance and analytics cookies are also used to rationalize traffic counting and user behavior across several platform integrations. They allow us to store visitor custom variable information, test different versions of our website or our content, and allow third-party providers helping us analyze and optimize our content.
These cookies enable the personalization of website content by recognizing you and remembering your preferences. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
Profiling and targeting cookies
These cookies may be set through our website by us or our advertising partners. They may be used to build a persona based on your navigation and your interests to personalize your experience by providing adapted content, features or show you relevant advertisements on other sites. We may also use the information collected through these trackers to push advertisements, on partners’ websites or social networks, to people who can share the same interests as you.
They do not directly store personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and devices.
If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site and which enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They can track your browser across other sites and build a profile based on your interests. This may influence the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
How to customize your cookie settings
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies by using our Cookie Settings. Click on the different category headings to find out more and to change our default settings. Please note that blocking some types of cookies may affect your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
If you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. If you use multiple browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.), you must repeat this procedure for each one, and if you connect to the web from multiple devices (e.g. from work and at home), then you will need to set your preferences on each browser on each device.
Please note that if you completely disable cookies from the browser, some of the functionalities might be lost, for example, normal browsing of the site and purchasing activity, while any personalised activity such as the advertising you receive when you visit this website will not be tailored to your interests.
Do we share data collected through cookies?
We may collect information on our website through cookies and share it with third parties such as social networks or advertising platforms, advertising agencies/providers and IT providers (e.g. hosting providers), with your consent where required.
Do we sell your personal information?
Sale of your personal information
Please note that deciding not to share your information via third party cookies does not mean you will stop seeing ads, but these ads will not be tailored to you based on information derived from your activities on our websites.
Please also note that depending on your selection, we may still share your information in ways that are not a “sale” or “sharing” under California law, such as with our service providers, for our own online advertising purposes.
If you are a Californian resident you also have the right to submit a Shine the Light Request, which means you may request that we provide you with a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, as well as the identity of those third parties. Any such disclosures will be made consistent with your choices in Cookie Settings. You may contact us at the information below for a listing.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or how we handle your data, please contact our privacy team and Data Protection Officer by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit the website www.thefashionpact.org and its subdomains, the Fashion Pact (hereinafter “we”, “our”, “us”) processes, as controller, information enabling to identify you directly or indirectly and which thus qualifies as personal data.
As we highly care about your privacy, we have prepared this policy to inform you about why and how we process your personal data when you visit and use the Website.
Which categories of personal data do we collect?
When you visit the Website, we collect technical data, including data resulting from cookies (e.g. IP address, logs, etc.). In addition, if you contact us, we will also process identification data (e.g. name, email address, etc.), data related to your professional life (i.e. the identity of the company you work for if your contact us through our webform) and any other personal data you may include in your message to us.
We do not collect other categories of personal data.
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- responding to your requests and questions where you contact us (the legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interest consisting in the proper management of our relationships with the visitors of the Website – or, if you are in a jurisdiction not acknowledging legitimate interest as a valid legal basis, then the legal basis would be the performance of a contract);
- ensuring you can access and use the Website securely and seamlessly (the legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interest consisting in protecting the security and functioning of the Website – or, if you are in a jurisdiction not acknowledging legitimate interest as a valid legal basis, then the legal basis would be the performance of a contract);
- administering and improving the Website (the legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interest consisting in the optimization and good operation of the Website – or, if you are in a jurisdiction not acknowledging legitimate interest as a valid legal basis, then the legal basis would be the performance of a contract);
- complying with our legal and regulatory requirements (the legal basis of this processing is the necessity for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject); and
- managing any actual or potential dispute with you or any third party (the legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interest consisting in defending our interests – or, if you are in a jurisdiction not acknowledging legitimate interest as a valid legal basis, then the legal basis would be the performance of a contract).
Do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with the service providers helping us reach the above-mentioned purposes. For example, if you consented to cookies, we would let our cookies service provider access your technical personal data necessary to provide analytic services.
We also share your personal data with our partners participating in the Fashion Pact, to the extent such communication is required. For example, if you want to know more about the initiatives implemented by one of our partners, we may need to share your request with such partner in particular.
In addition, we share your personal data with competent courts, public authorities and law enforcement bodies where this is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and/or to manage disputes.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area?
As we operate globally, we may share your personal data with recipients located outside the EEA, including in countries which are not deemed as ensuring an adequate level of data protection according to the requirements of the European Commission.
In any case, we implement adequate safeguards (notably standard contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission) to ensure that your personal data transferred keeps on benefiting from an adequate level of protection.
To know more about a particular transfer and/or obtain copies of the safeguards implemented, you can liaise with us using the contact details specified in the “How can you contact us?” section below.
How long do we retain your personal data?
The retention period applied to your personal data depends on the purpose at stake. In any event, we do not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose at stake.
- For responding to your requests and questions, we retain your personal data up to one year following our response. The objective is to ensure that we can keep track of our exchange if you revert to us a while after receiving our response.
- For analyzing and understanding the traffic on and your use of the Website, your personal data will be kept in a form enabling to identify you for a maximum period of 13 months.
- For ensuring you can access and use the Website securely, your personal data is retained up to six months.
- For administering and improving the Website, your personal data is retained up to six months.
- For complying with our legal and regulatory requirements, we retain your personal data as long as we remain subject to the legal or regulatory requirement at stake.
- For managing any actual or potential dispute with you or any third party, your personal data is retained until all courses of appeal have lapsed, in accordance with the applicable statutes of limitation.
What are your rights?
Privacy laws may grant you certain rights such as the right to request access to, rectification and erasure of your personal data, or to restrict or object to processing, as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to specify guidelines on the use of your personal data after your death under certain circumstances. You can also withdraw your consent at any time and lodge a complaint with your competent supervisory authority.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions, you can contact us as follows:
The Fashion Pact
40 rue de Sèvres
75007 Paris, France
You can also get in touch by email at: email@example.com.